Are you bored of your regular straight or curly hairstyle and want to get a different look? Then this is to let you know that crimped hair has made a comeback with a bang after the 80s to give your hair a crinkled or zig-zag style. Crimping gives your hair a fancy look and helps in adding to its volume. This latest trend has moved the beauty industry. You will see a number of celebrities adopting this new hairstyle. If you love experimenting with your hair, then go for crimped braids, ponytails and buns which will surely make others stare at you. For this, you need to know the basic techniques of crimping. There are a number of products available in the market but in order to choose the best hair crimper and waver, you need to have a good idea as to what to look for.
- #1 How to use a Hair Crimper ?
- #2 What to Look When Buying Best Hair Crimper?
- #3 Best Hair Crimper Reviews 2019
- #1 Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
- #2 Bed Head Bh307cn1 Totally Bent Chrome Crimper
- #3 Bed Head A-Wave-We-Go Adjustable Waver
- #4 Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
- #5 Bed Head Makin’ Waves “S” Waver
- #6 INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Crimper
- #7 HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Deep Waver
- #8 Bed Head Little Tease Hair Crimper
- #9 Bed Head BH309 Groupie 1″ Mini Travel Crimper
- #4 Conclusion
#1 How to use a Hair Crimper ?
Once you have laid your hands on a trendy hair crimper the next question that would hit you is how to crimp hair with a crimper. Here are a few simple steps to guide you on how to go about the process:
- Get a Hair Wash – There are many hairstyles that look great on unwashed hair. But in the case of crimping it is just the opposite. It works fabulously on washed hair.
- Use a Protectant against the Heat – Never forget to apply a protector on your hair before you dry it.
- Blow-dry the Hair – Before you crimp your hair, ensure that it is completely dry. Firstly, wait for it to dry on its own, then use a blow-drier to dry it fully.
- Brush Your Hair – Using a smoothing boar bristle brush is the best way to detangle the knots in your hair if any so that you are left with perfectly smooth hair for crimping
- Divide Your Hair into Segments – Just like you do it while straightening or curling, even for crimping the best way to get the desired results is to split your hair into segments. Firstly, divide the hair into top and bottom segment, then divide each of these segments into the right and left side. The use of lobster clips makes it easy to keep the hair in place on which you are not working.
- Start Crimp – Select the crimping iron of your choice. Then start crimping your hair segment by segment. For a super-voluminous look split each of the segments into few more segments. While crimping, sandwich the crimps horizontally across the hair to get the desired look. You need to hold the iron at least for 5 to 10 seconds on each segment to achieve the best results. But if you have thick hair, you need to hold on for long. You can keep experimenting with the time till you get it right.
Once you have crimped your hair you can style it the way you want. You can choose from the different styles like hanging it lose, tie into a super-high ponytail, half-up space buns and a lot more to get the look of the 90s.
#2 What to Look When Buying Best Hair Crimper?
Basically, there are a lot of elements that you need to consider while selecting the best hair crimper; some of them are highlighted below
- Adjustable Temperature – The temperature setting plays a vital role in determining how well the crimper would work for your hair. The temperature you need to set depends on your hair type, hence opting for a crimper with an adjustable temperature setting is the best option.
- The Material of the Plates – You will practically come across two types of plates one is ceramic and the other is metal. Though the metal ones are cheaper, the ceramic plates are supposed to be good for your hair. They can better control frizz and causes less damage to the hair leaving your hair smooth and shiny.
- The Size of the Plates – Different plate sizes give a different effect. A small plate gives a textured look while a wide plate adds more definition.
- The Design and Shape – Just like most other products even crimpers comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. You should opt for the one that has a good review and not go by the external appeal.
- Auto shut off – This is a very convenient option that minimizes the chances of hair damage. Once the hair crimper reaches the desired temperature, it shut off automatically if it has this option and saves your hair from being damaged. Some of the other factors that need to be considered while making your purchase are quality of the body material of the crimper, the length of the cord and the heat up time.
#3 Best Hair Crimper Reviews 2019
#1 Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
Are you in search of a hair styling tool that is loaded with features? Then you can put an end to your search with the Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver for Beachy Waves Generation II. This new generation improved hair crimper comes with a Worldwide Dual Voltage setting so that you can carry it anywhere in the world. Its 2X Tourmaline Ceramic Technology tackles the unwanted frizz and promises to give your hair that extra shine long-lasting effect. The deep barrel design with the 400°F heat helps in making easy waves. It doesn’t matter whether your hair is coarse or thin the Multiple Heat Settings makes it ideal for everyone. The Auto Shut-off feature adds to its safety. Its ultraviolet purple color gives it that trendy touch. The plate-locking switch along with the tangle-free swivel cord ensures that it takes very little storage space and can fit into your bag easily.
#2 Bed Head Bh307cn1 Totally Bent Chrome Crimper
Bed Head brings you this lightweight cool vibrant blue colored Bh307cn1 Totally Bent Chrome Crimper, 2-Inch that will help you flaunt that rock chic style in your upcoming party. Its fully bent 2-inch crimper with chrome finish plates gives your hair that smooth texture and added volume. Its instant heat recovery feature heats it up fast and keeps the tool hot for long. The plate locking switch along with the swiveling flexi-cord makes it travel ready. With a 4.5 rating out of 5 makes it one of the most sought-after product in the market. If you take a look at the customer reviews, most of them are positive.
#3 Bed Head A-Wave-We-Go Adjustable Waver
Are you not able to manage your wavy hair? Then try out the latest purple colored Bed Head A-Wave-We-Go Adjustable Waver for Multiple Styles hair crimper whose unique adjustable dial turns and adjusts the barrel to give you the exact level of wave you desire. Throughout the process of styling, you can adjust the waver to get unique hair texture. Its dual voltage feature lets you use it anywhere across the world. If you are looking for fast results, then the High heat up to 400°F is here to ensure that the result remains fab throughout. Its Tourmaline Ceramic Technology helps in minimizing the frizz and gives the hair that shiny gloss. The Multiple Heat Settings is able to style any type of hair and the auto shut-off features makes it safe to use. Its light weight of 1.3 pounds along with the tangle-free swivel cord make it easy to use and carry.
#4 Bed Head Wave Artist Deep Waver
When it comes to hair crimpers you can’t miss out the energetic blue colored Wave Artist Deep Waver for Beachy Waves from the house of Bed Head. Its deep barrel design gives your hair a quick wavy look and the Tourmaline Ceramic Technology reduces the frizz and gives that lustrous shine to your hair. For that natural beach waves make sections of one inch and for uniformly sculptured waves make larger sections. High Heat up to 400°F ensures that the heat is retained and the waves stay longer. Like most other popular models even this comes with Multiple Heat Settings, plate-locking switch and a tangle-free swivel cord that makes it a must-have. Loaded with so many features and priced at only $XX this is probably one of the best deals you would come across.
#5 Bed Head Makin’ Waves “S” Waver
Turn your hairstyle into a piece of art with the lightweight lively pink colored Bed Head Makin’ Waves Tourmaline Ceramic “S” Waver. Its S-shaped barrel helps you get those beachy waves and transform your looks completely. Just like other popular models, it includes all the exclusive features like Tourmaline Ceramic Technology, Multiple Heat Settings, Instant Heat Recovery, plate-locking switch and a tangle-free swivel cord that makes it a competitive product.
#6 INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Crimper
With the all-new black InfinitiPro Tourmaline Ceramic Crimper; 1-inch Crimper from the house of Conair you can become a trendsetter with that lovely waved hairstyle. Its tourmaline ceramic plates give your hair that extra shine and the micro-crimping styler instantly adds volume to your hair in three simple steps. Its powerful heater ensures faster curls so that your hair is exposed less to heat and saves it from damage and frizz. This high-performance hair styler promises you salon-quality results. It has quite a number of customer reviews and mostly they speak positively about the product.
#7 HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Deep Waver
Do you want to give yourself that glamorous getup, then Hot Tools brings you this lightweight versatile Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Deep Waver for Luxurious Waves, 1 ct stylish tool in a smart combination of black and purple color. With this, you can give your hair that glamorous touch in the Hollywood style. Its deep ceramic tourmaline waver lets you style a lot of hair at once thus saving your styling time. The advanced technology lends your hair that glossy look. The teamwork of tourmaline and ceramic ensures that the damage caused is minimum and the hair gets an incredible shine and smoothness. The extra-deep plates give you luxurious waves. Its advanced technology heats up the crimper fast and keeps it hot for long and if it can sense a slight amount of heat loss, the crimper automatically adjusts the temperature and ensures that there are not temperature surges or dips. There is a separate on/off switch that makes it easy to operate. The Rheostat Control Dial with variable heat settings up to 430°F makes it suitable for all hair textures and types. The 8ft. professional swivel cord along with the recessed thumb provides free movement and gives a good grip thus making it very convenient to handle. Unlike most other products this crimper comes with cool tips that act as a protection for your fingers while styling. The locking switch ensures that it occupies minimum space and you can easily store it anywhere you want. It is true that the product is highly-priced at $XX, but this end number of features along with the 1-year warranty justifies the same.
#8 Bed Head Little Tease Hair Crimper
If the outrageous texture is what you are looking for, then the Bed Head Little Tease Hair Crimper for Outrageous Texture and Volume, 1 in an ultra-modern color combination of pink and blue is the right product for you. Its Tourmaline Ceramic Crimper creates an appealing texture and pumps up the volume. The one-inch plate makes a big difference by creating small texture be it for that crimped look or for that added volume. The High heat up to 400°F gives fast results. The other regular features it includes are the Tourmaline Ceramic Technology, Multiple Heat Settings and Instant Heat Recovery.
#9 Bed Head BH309 Groupie 1″ Mini Travel Crimper
The purple-colored Bed Head BH309 Groupie 1″ Mini Travel Crimper is a 1-inch ceramic plate crimping iron which is just perfect for the shorter layers, touch-ups and bangs. Its High heat technology generates heat just with 30-second and the Sensors monitor temperature ensures that the heat is restored for that perfect styling. The tangle-free swivel cord lets you easily move it while using.You can easily acquire this moderately priced hair crimper at $XX from Amazon.
Now that you have gone through the review the next thing that you must be wondering is from where to buy a hair crimper. The best place to buy a quality hair crimper is any of the reputed online stores. These stores have a world-class collection of handpicked hair crimping models that promise to complement your style. These stylish models not only give you the desired looks but also help in nourishing your hair. By investing in any of the standard quality hair crimpers you can try out different types of hairstyles at home. Most of the models come with some advantage and some disadvantages. In case of most of the above products, you can get to know about the manufacturer’s warranty by placing a request to their respective customer service departments. But before you decide to buy any of the models you should consider your budget and compare the products. Always go for the one that has the best feedback.